- Name: dps
- Type: Gene
b0812 MG1655 locus tag pexB Lomovskaya et al.
- Mnemonic: DNA-binding protein, stationary-phase
- Left End Point: 18.27
- Right End Point: 18.28
- Direction: <
Property Comment encodes NA-binding protein NULL stress response starvation, oxidative protection
- Priority: 0
- 2 Alleles of This Gene
- External Database Links:
Host Site Page Links EcoGene.org EG11415 EcoliWiki dps
- Mutants fail to develop starvation-induced resistance to hydrogen peroxide.
- Almiron, M., A.J. Link, D. Furlong, R. Kolter 1992. A novel DNA-binding protein with regulatory and protective roles in starved Escherichia coli. Genes Dev. 6:2646-2654
- Lomovskaya, O.L., J.P. Kidwell, A. Matin 1994. Characterization of the sigma 38-dependent expression of a core Escherichia coli starvation gene, pexB. J.Bacteriol. 176:3928-3935
- Ferguson, G.P., R.I. Creighton, Y. Nikolaev, I.R. Booth 1998. Importance of RpoS and Dps in survival of exposure of both exponential- and stationary-phase Escherichia coli cells to the electrophile N-ethylmaleimide. J.Bacteriol. 180:1030-1036