D31m3      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: proA23
, ampCp-1Strain Comments:
- ampCp-1-- is a promoter mutation; AmpC+ strains carrying this allele produce about 10X the amount of beta lactamase found in wild-type strains. In absence of other amp alleles, use 10-15 ug/ml Amp.
- ampCp-1 was formerly called ampA1
- rfa-229 was formerly called lps-
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Monner, DA, S Jonsson, HG Boman 1971. Ampicillin-resistant mutants of Escherichia coli K-12 with lipopolysaccharide alterations affecting mating ability and susceptibility to sex-specific bacteriophages. J. Bacteriol. 107(2):420-32.
- Boman, HG, DA Monner 1975. Characterization of lipopolysaccharides from Escherichia coli K-12 mutants. J. Bacteriol. 121(2):455-64.