NO864      Source of Strain:
Nomura & EngbaekSex:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
12 Map Position:
68.80 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Clockwise Chromosomal Markers: fhuA2::IS2
, metB1Strain Comments:
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- purF1-- is a very stable mutation and may be an intragenic deletion.
- fhuA2::IS2 was formerly called fhuA2
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- rplD1 was formerly called eryC-1
- xyl-7 was formerly called xylA7
- ::IS2 = Insertion of IS2
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- SpcR = spectinomycin resistant
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Nomura, M, F Engbaek 1972. Expression of ribosomal protein genes as analyzed by bacteriophage Mu-induced mutations. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 69(6):1526-30.