KL712      Source of Strain:
M.C. CappelloOther Designations:
F143-1 Plasmid Markers/Mutations: relA1
, recA1 Chromosomal Markers: galK35
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- This strain must be grown on medium containing thi, his, try, ura and lacking tyr, thy. F143-1 carries the relA1 mutation.
- galK35-- is Brenner's gal-U99 from Hfr 3000 U99 and has been called galK99
- e14--- : Loss of the e14 element makes the strain McrA-.
- recA1-- : Missense mutation, altered isoelectric point. Sequenced: G to A for Nuc. 720 (Gly 160 Asp).
- thyA33-- Strains with this marker must have their medium supplemented with thymine (25ug/ml). This is true even for rich medium such as LB. Otherwise thymine starvation can lead to thymineless death.
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- xyl-7 was formerly called xylA7
- LamR = Lambda-resistant
- strR = streptomycin resist.