CGSC Strain#: Strain Designation:
F155/KL250      Source of Strain:
F155 Plasmid Markers/Mutations: att$\phi$80
, trp Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
, deoB13 or deoB14
, thyA25 or thyA20Strain Comments:
- This strain must be grown at 30 degrees C.
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- recA1-- : Missense mutation, altered isoelectric point. Sequenced: G to A for Nuc. 720 (Gly 160 Asp).
- thyA25 or thyA20-- Strains with this marker must have their medium supplemented with thymine (25ug/ml). This is true even for rich medium such as LB. Otherwise thymine starvation can lead to thymineless death.
- Δ(gpt-proA)62 was formerly called proA2
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- NalR = Nalidix.acidResist.
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Press, R, N Glansdorff, P Miner, J De Vries, R Kadner, WK Maas 1971. Isolation of transducing particles of phi-80 bacteriophage that carry different regions of the Escherichia coli genome. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 68(4):795-8.