χ1849      Source of Strain:
R. CurtissOther Designations:
F- Chromosomal Markers: fhuA53
, tte-1Strain Comments:
- This strain is great grandparent of Χ1776; differs in being ilv-277, his-53, purE41 and Thy+, and lacking rfb-2 and osm-2
- dapD8-- Strains with this mutation require 100ug/ml diaminopimelic acid even when grown on LB
- minB-2-- mini-cell producer
- Δ(bioH-asd)29-- : inclusion of glpD in deletion also results in inability to grow on glycerol or glycerol-3-P as sole C source and stasis with gluconeogenic C-sources. See glpD mutants.
- Δ(bioH-asd)29-- : asd mutation causes requirement for DAP for growth on rich medium and DAP and Homoserine (or Threonine plus Methionine) on minimal. Deletion includes at least,BioH,yhgI,gntT,malQPT,rtcABR,glpRGED,glgPACXB,asd
- metB65-- is probably metB. Sometimes suggested to be metC.
- oms-1-- is an uncharacterized membrane defect.
- glnV42(AS) was formerly called supE42
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- NalR = Nalidix.acidResist.
- Hansen, JB, Y Abiko, R Curtiss 1981. Characterization of the Streptococcus mutans plasmid pva318 cloned into Escherichia coli. Infect. Immun. 31(3):1034-43.