JC9956      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- Clark refers to parental strain JC9937 in reference below.
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- recA99(Am)-- is suppressed by serU132 (= supD32) and not by glnV44 (= supE44) (Templin, Margossian, and Clark, 1978 J. Bacteriol. 134:590)
- recA99(Am)-- Nonsense mutation has been mapped to codon 7
- Δ(gpt-proA)62 was formerly called proA2
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- rfbC1 was formerly called rfbD1
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Clark, A.J., M.R. Volkert, L.J. Margossian 1979. A role for recF in repair of UV damage to DNA. Cold Spr.Harb.Symp.Quant.Biol. 43:887-892
- Volkert, M.R., L.J. Margossian, A.J. Clark 1981. Evidence that rnmB is the operator of the Escherichia coli recA gene. Proc.Natl.Acad.Sci.USA 78:1786-1790