JF136      Source of Strain:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
12 Map Position:
68.80 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Clockwise Chromosomal Markers: glnX44
, ΔargH1Strain Comments:
- JF136 was constructed by transducing strain AB1931 to Met+ with P1 grown on strain JF25.
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- purF1-- is a very stable mutation and may be an intragenic deletion.
- avtA1-- : In the absence of an ilvE (transaminase B) mutation, avtA- causes no nutritional requirement
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- xyl-7 was formerly called xylA7
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Falkinham, J.O. 1979. Identification of a mutation affecting an alanine-alpha-ketoisovalerate transaminase activity in Escherichia coli K-12. Mol.Gen.Genet. 176:147-149