V66      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: tsx-33
, bglR17Strain Comments:
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- ts = Temperature Sensitive
- Smith, G.R. . Personal Communication. Personal Communication
- Schultz, DW, AF Taylor, GR Smith 1983. Escherichia coli RecBC pseudorevertants lacking chi recombinational hotspot activity. J. Bacteriol. 155(2):664-80.