ECL339      Source of Strain:
E.C.C. LinOther Designations:
F- Chromosomal Markers: Δ(argF-lac)169
, hsdR17Strain Comments:
- Δ(argF-lac)169-- extends from mmuP through orfs preceding argF, through lac to mhpD, literally Δ(mmuP-mhpD)169. (Peters et al. 2003 JB 185:2017)
- Δ(argF-lac)169-- from strain Hfr3000 U169 was initially called ΔlacU169 and described as a lacZY mutation until found to include argF and lacI.
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- endA1-- G to A transition mutation resulting in E208K amino acid substitution.
- zii-924::Tn10-- cotransduces 80% with pfkA.
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- = good miniprep dsDNA quality
- = tetracycline resistant
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Chen, YM, EC Lin 1984. Dual control of a common L-1,2-propanediol oxidoreductase by L-fucose and L-rhamnose in Escherichia coli. J. Bacteriol. 157(3):828-32.