AKK231      Source of Strain:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
2A Map Position:
12.20 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Counterclockwise Chromosomal Markers: λ-
, creC510Strain Comments:
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- ampCp-1-- is a promoter mutation; AmpC+ strains carrying this allele produce about 10X the amount of beta lactamase found in wild-type strains. In absence of other amp alleles, use 10-15 ug/ml Amp.
- cadB2231::Tn10-- from AKK231; cotransduces 81% with melB and 66% with ampC; located by PCR (Nichols et al. 1998) within cadB, at nucleotide 4,356,936 (93.915 min.)
- creC510-- The constitutive phenotype is due to an R77P amino acid substitution
- ampCp-1 was formerly called ampA1
- creC510 was formerly called phoM510
- = tetracycline resistant
- Const = constitutive