UNC1085      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: pro-82
, hsdR17Strain Comments:
- This strain can be used with the Maxicell technique. Unlike the original Maxicell strain (CSR603), it is hsdR-, endA-.
- pro-82-- is in proA or proB.
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- Δ(recA-srl)306-- removes all, or nearly all, of the recA gene and extends into srlR, but does not remove the Tn10 insertion in srlR
- endA1-- G to A transition mutation resulting in E208K amino acid substitution.
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- = good miniprep dsDNA quality
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Sancar, A, AM Hack, WD Rupp 1979. Simple method for identification of plasmid-coded proteins. J. Bacteriol. 137(1):692-3.