LS6036      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: leuB6
, deoC3Strain Comments:
- The positions of the prp locus and the Tn 10 insertion are not accurately determined.
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- thyA47-- Strains with this marker must have their medium supplemented with thymine (25ug/ml). This is true even for rich medium such as LB. Otherwise thymine starvation can lead to thymineless death.
- = tetracycline resistant
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- ts = Temperature Sensitive
- Spratt, B.G., C.L. Ginsburgh, W.D. Nunn 1981. Isolation and genetic characterization of Escherichia coli mutants defective in propionate metabolism. J.Bacteriol. 146:1166-1169