KL284      Source of Strain:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
2A Map Position:
12.20 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Counterclockwise Chromosomal Markers: garB10
, creC510Strain Comments:
- This strain should be grown at 30 degrees C.
- phoA4(Am)-- is Garen's phoAS26 . It is suppressed by leuX151, glnV33(=supE33) and serU132(=supD32).
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- rrnB-2-- : loss of spacer loop sequence
- creC510-- The constitutive phenotype is due to an R77P amino acid substitution
- creC510 was formerly called phoM510
- serU132(AS) was formerly called Su1+
- serU132(AS) was formerly called supD32
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Const = constitutive
- T2R = T2 Resistant
- ts = Temperature Sensitive
- Clarke, S.J., K.B. Low, W. Konigsberg 1973. Isolation and characterization of a regulatory mutant of an aminoacyltransfer ribonucleic acid synthetase in Escherichia coli K-12. J.Bacteriol. 113:1096-1103