H12R8a      Source of Strain:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
2A Map Position:
12.20 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Counterclockwise Chromosomal Markers: garB10
, creC510Strain Comments:
- This strain inexplicably will not grow on minimal medium.
- phoA5(Am)-- is Garen's phoAH12.
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- phoT-35-- is a phoS or phoT mutation.
- rrnB-2-- : loss of spacer loop sequence
- creC510-- The constitutive phenotype is due to an R77P amino acid substitution
- creC510 was formerly called phoM510
- tyrT34(AS) was formerly called Su3+
- tyrT34(AS) was formerly called supF34
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Const = constitutive
- T2R = T2 Resistant
- Garen, A., S. Garen, R. Wilhelm 1965. Suppressor genes for nonsense mutations. I. the Su-1, Su-2, and Su-3 genes of Escherichia coli. J.Mol.Biol. 14:167-187
- Shimada, K, RA Weisberg, ME Gottesman 1972. Prophage lambda at unusual chromosomal locations. I. Location of the secondary attachment sites and the properties of the lysogens. J. Mol. Biol. 63(3):483-503.