KL731      Source of Strain:
M.C. CappelloOther Designations:
PC 1507Other Designations:
F116 Plasmid Markers/Mutations: fucP
, metC Chromosomal Markers: leuB6
, metB1Strain Comments:
- This strain must be maintained on medium containing arg, his, leu, met and lacking thy.
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- hisG1-- This mutation has been reported as either a frameshift or a 36 nt deletion
- recA1-- : Missense mutation, altered isoelectric point. Sequenced: G to A for Nuc. 720 (Gly 160 Asp).
- thyA23-- Strains with this marker must have their medium supplemented with thymine (25ug/ml). This is true even for rich medium such as LB. Otherwise thymine starvation can lead to thymineless death.
- fhuA2::IS2 was formerly called fhuA2
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- xyl-7 was formerly called xylA7
- = strep-resistant
- ::IS2 = Insertion of IS2
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- LamR = Lambda-resistant
- Low, KB 1972. Escherichia coli K-12 F-prime factors, old and new. 36(4):587-607.