E5014      Source of Strain:
E.R. SignerOther Designations:
F128 Plasmid Markers/Mutations: Chromosomal Markers: Δ(gpt-lac)5
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- This strain should be maintained on a medium containing thiamin and with lactose as the carbon source.
- Δ(gpt-lac)5-- is the deletion Δ( pro-lac)X111 of Jacob and originated in the strain Hfr 3000 X111.
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- mal-24-- is probably in malA.
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- rpsE2112(SpcR) was formerly called spcA12
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- SpcR = spectinomycin resistant