AT2459      Source of Strain:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
1 Map Position:
96.80 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Clockwise Chromosomal Markers: λ-
, serB22Strain Comments:
- This strain grows poorly on serine and hence is best used as a recipient for Ser+ selection. It should transfer serB early but it may have become an F+.
- e14--- : Loss of the e14 element makes the strain McrA-.
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- serB22-- : strain grows poorly on serine,
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Taylor, A.L., C.D. Trotter 1967. Revised linkage map of Escherichia coli. Bacteriol.Rev. 31:332-353