χ340      Source of Strain:
R. CurtissOther Designations:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
2A Map Position:
12.20 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Counterclockwise Chromosomal Markers: proB28
, metB1Strain Comments:
- Reference below is to bglF18.
- This strain grows on glutamic γ-semialdehyde.
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- proB28 was formerly called proB17
- proB28 was formerly called pro2-49
- proB28 was formerly called proB49
- Wang, A, JR Roth 1988. Activation of silent genes by transposons Tn5 and Tn10. Genetics 120(4):875-85.