AT1036      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: dapD4
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- The strain must be grown on medium fortified with 40-50 ug/ml diaminopimelic acid. It grows slowly. Excess lysine is inhibitory. In minimal medium use only 10 ug/ml of L-lysine.
- dapD4-- Strains with this mutation require 100ug/ml diaminopimelic acid even when grown on LB
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- lysA27::Mu-- mutation is due to the integration of phage Mu at the lysA locus.
- Δ(gpt-proA)62 was formerly called proA2
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- rfbC1 was formerly called rfbD1
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- strR = streptomycin resist.