AT9      Source of Strain:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
21 Map Position:
97.00 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Clockwise Chromosomal Markers: rna-19
, metB1Strain Comments:
- The unidentified trace growth factor requirement in A19 was removed by transduction and the strain was cured of lambda.
- rna-19-- : Also References \\ Weatherford et al. 1972 J.Biol.Chem.247:540 \\ Studier 1975 J.Bacteriol.124:307 \\ Apirion and Watson 1975 J.Bacteriol.124:317
- rna-19-- : Additional references to strain A19 and its derivatives: \\ Gesteland 1966 J.Mol.Biol.16:67 \\ Reiner 1969 J.Bacteriol. 97:1431,1437,1522
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- rna-19 was formerly called rns-19
- Reiner, AM 1969. Characterization of polynucleotide phosphorylase mutants of Escherichia coli. J. Bacteriol. 97(3):1437-43.