NH4939      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: araC14
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- sup-78(Mal+)-- is an uncharacterized mutation near his which confers a Mal+ phenotype.
- recA44(ts)-- is a temperature-sensitive mutation.
- recA44(ts)-- G to A at Nuc. 977 (Val 247 Met)
- thyA54-- Strains with this marker must have their medium supplemented with thymine (25ug/ml). This is true even for rich medium such as LB. Otherwise thymine starvation can lead to thymineless death.
- malA38-- : In Χ65 a Mal+ phenotype may have resulted from suppression of malA1, but in the absence of evidence, we show the mutations as malA38 and sup-78.
- proC32 was formerly called proC65
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- SpcR = spectinomycin resistant
- Stable = stable, non-reverting
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- ts = Temperature Sensitive
- Hall, JD, P Howard-Flanders 1975. Temperature-sensitive recA mutant of Escherichia coli K-12: deoxyribonucleic acid metabolism after ultraviolet irradiation. J. Bacteriol. 121(3):892-900.