JM96      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- hisG1-- This mutation has been reported as either a frameshift or a 36 nt deletion
- Δ(gltB-gltF)500-- :Glt- phenotype in gltB mutant requires presence of a gdhA mutation as well. 0.2% aspartate is a better N-source than glutamate because of uptake(Pahel et al).
- Δ(gltB-gltF)500 was formerly called aspB24
- Δ(gltB-gltF)500 was formerly called aspB21
- Δ(gltB-gltF)500 was formerly called gltB31
- fhuA2::IS2 was formerly called fhuA2
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- rfbC1 was formerly called rfbD1
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- xyl-7 was formerly called xylA7
- ::IS2 = Insertion of IS2
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- L? = assignment uncertain
- LamR = Lambda-resistant
- Jones-Mortimer, MC 1968. Positive control of sulphate reduction in Escherichia coli. Isolation, characterization and mapping oc cysteineless mutants of E. coli K12. Biochem. J. 110(3):589-95.
- Jones-Mortimer, MC 1973. Mapping of structural genes for the enzymes of cysteine biosynthesis in Escherichia coli K12 and Salmonella typhimurium LT2. Heredity 31(2):213-21.