JE5550      Source of Strain:
Y. HirotaOther Designations:
F506 Plasmid Markers/Mutations: manA
, pps Chromosomal Markers: lacY1
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- recA1-- : Missense mutation, altered isoelectric point. Sequenced: G to A for Nuc. 720 (Gly 160 Asp).
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- NalR = Nalidix.acidResist.
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Hirota, Y, H Suzuki, Y Nishimura, S Yasuda 1977. On the process of cellular division in Escherichia coli: a mutant of E. coli lacking a murein-lipoprotein. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 74(4):1417-20.
- Movva, NR, E Katz, PL Asdourian, Y Hirota, M Inouye 1978. Gene dosage effects of the structural gene for a lipoprotein of the Escherichia coli outer membrane. J. Bacteriol. 133(1):81-4.