NH5033      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: lac-61
, deo-27 or deo-43Strain Comments:
- This strain is φX-sensitive but plates φX poorly with turbid plaques. This is an E. coli K-12 x C hybrid.
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- endA1-- G to A transition mutation resulting in E208K amino acid substitution.
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- = good miniprep dsDNA quality
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Jeng, TW, RA Hendon, H Fraenkel-Conrat 1978. Search for relationships among the hemolytic, phospholipolytic, and neurotoxic activities of snake venoms. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 75(2):600-4.