EB33      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: leuB6
, metB1Strain Comments:
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- hisG1-- This mutation has been reported as either a frameshift or a 36 nt deletion
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- xyl-7 was formerly called xylA7
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Birge, EA, CG Kurland 1970. Reversion of a streptomycin-dependent strain of Escherichia coli. Mol. Gen. Genet. 109(4):356-69.