ST5      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- galT23-- : This is the standard gal6 of Morse & Lederberg.
- thyA710-- Strains with this marker must have their medium supplemented with thymine (25ug/ml). This is true even for rich medium such as LB. Otherwise thymine starvation can lead to thymineless death.
- murB101(ts)-- : The allele in this strain was originally described as mrbA1, then as UDP-GlcNAc enoylpyruvate transferase gene, now called murA, but has more recently been found to be a murB-.
- murB101(ts) was formerly called murA101
- murB101(ts) was formerly called mrbA1
- murB101(ts) was formerly called murZ1
- secA216 was formerly called secA16
- secA216 was formerly called azi-16
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- ts = Temperature Sensitive
- Miyakawa, T., H. Matsuzawa, M. Matsuhashi, Y. Sugino 1972. Cell wall peptidoglycan mutants of Escherichia coli K-12: existence of two clusters of genes mra and mrb, for cell wall peptidoglycan biosynthesis. J.Bacteriol. 112:950-958