DH5      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: glnX44
, hsdR17Strain Comments:
- DH5 is a non-mutagenized derivative of DH1. It has a deoR mutation which increases the efficiency of transformation, especially of large plasmids
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- deoR481-- A selectable phenotype of deoR mutants includes the ability to grow preferentially on minimal medium with inosine as the sole carbon source.
- recA1-- : Missense mutation, altered isoelectric point. Sequenced: G to A for Nuc. 720 (Gly 160 Asp).
- endA1-- G to A transition mutation resulting in E208K amino acid substitution.
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- rfbC1 was formerly called rfbD1
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- = good miniprep dsDNA quality
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- NalR = Nalidix.acidResist.