TOP10/pPFINT      Source of Strain:
T. RomeoOther Designations:
pPFINT Plasmid Markers/Mutations: Chromosomal Markers: Δ(araA-leu)7697
(strR), Δ(mcrC-mrr)715Strain Comments:
- The pFINT plasmid is essentially a tetracycline resistant version of pINT-ts
- Δ(araA-leu)7697-- Shown by Durfee et al. to be a deletion of the first 295 codons of hepA to the first 82 codons of fruR.
- [araD139]B/r-- The thr-leu region was transduced from an E. coli B/r strain (SB3118) in early steps of strain derivation; ara or in some strains ara-leu or thr-leu are from B.
- Δ(codB-lacI)3-- is a deletion of the entire lac operon, from the strain Hfr 3000 X74 of Jacob. Refs. on extent of deletion: Sung et al.1987,J.Bact.169:2639; Gerdes et al.2001
- Δ(codB-lacI)3-- Shown by Ferrandez et al. 1997 to extend to mhpD
- Δ(codB-lacI)3-- Shown by Durfee et al. to extend from codon 292 of yahG through mhpE
- recA1-- : Missense mutation, altered isoelectric point. Sequenced: G to A for Nuc. 720 (Gly 160 Asp).
- endA1-- G to A transition mutation resulting in E208K amino acid substitution.
- Δ(mcrC-mrr)715-- Deletes mcrBC-hsdSMR-mrr
- Δ(araA-leu)7697 was formerly called Δ(hepA-fruR)7697
- Δ(codB-lacI)3 was formerly called Δ(lac)3
- Δ(codB-lacI)3 was formerly called Δ(yahG-mhpE)
- Δ(codB-lacI)3 was formerly called X74
- Δ(codB-lacI)3 was formerly called DE(lac)6
- Δ(codB-lacI)3 was formerly called Δlac74
- = good miniprep dsDNA quality
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Edwards, AN, LM Patterson-Fortin, CA Vakulskas, JW Mercante, K Potrykus, D Vinella, MI Camacho, JA Fields, SA Thompson, D Georgellis, M Cashel, P Babitzke, T Romeo 2011. Circuitry linking the Csr and stringent response global regulatory systems. Mol. Microbiol. 80(6):1561-80.