CGSC Strain#: Strain Designation:
S17-1 λpir      Source of Strain: Other Designations:
S17-1 Lambda pirSex:
F- Chromosomal Markers: RP4-2(Km::Tn7,Tc::Mu-1)
, creC510Strain Comments:
- RP4-2(Km::Tn7,Tc::Mu-1)-- integrated plasmid is Kan and Tet sensitive, due to the insertions in Tc and Km, and the Tn7 results in TRIM/aminopterin resistance and low level strR.
- RP4-2(Km::Tn7,Tc::Mu-1)-- The RP4-2 also has an ISR1 insertion element within the Tn135 transposon that inactivates the adjacent ampicillin resistance gene.
- pro-82-- is in proA or proB.
- LAMpir-- Allows the replication of plasmids with an R6Kγ origin of replication
- recA1-- : Missense mutation, altered isoelectric point. Sequenced: G to A for Nuc. 720 (Gly 160 Asp).
- endA1-- G to A transition mutation resulting in E208K amino acid substitution.
- creC510-- The constitutive phenotype is due to an R77P amino acid substitution
- creC510 was formerly called phoM510
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- = good miniprep dsDNA quality
- Const = constitutive
- Simon, R, UB Priefer, A P?hler 1983. A Broad Host Range Mobilization System for In Vivo Genetic Engineering: Transposon Mutagenesis in Gram Negative Bacteria Nat. Biotechnol. 1:784-791.