GM119      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: fhuA2 or fhuA31
, lacY1 or lacZ4
, tsx-1 or tsx-78
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- dcm-6-- has a Gln to Arg mutation,also a TGG to TGA termination mutation,which results in dcm-vsr message degradation and causes a Vsr- phenotype (Dar 1993).
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- Arraj, J.A., M.G. Marinus 1983. Phenotypic reversal in dam mutants of Escherichia coli K-12 by a recombinant plasmid containing the dam+ gene. J.Bacteriol. 153:562-565