RW231      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: lacZ4503
, trpR55Strain Comments:
- trpA9605(Am)-- is an amber mutation. It is suppressed by supD32.
- recA1-- : Missense mutation, altered isoelectric point. Sequenced: G to A for Nuc. 720 (Gly 160 Asp).
- trpR55-- is trpR2 of Yanofsky. It is a frameshift mutation. Trp levels are indistinguishable from those in trpR deletions or amber mutations (no functional repressor).
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Wolf, RE 1980. Integration of specialized transducing bacteriophage lambda cI857 St68 h80 dgnd his by an unusual pathway promotes formation of deletions and generates a new translocatable element. J. Bacteriol. 142(2):588-602.