χ760      Source of Strain:
R. CurtissOther Designations:
F- Chromosomal Markers: araC14
, metA160Strain Comments:
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- purE42-- :Strains with this marker are derivatives of Χ148 and may carry malA38LAMR and a suppressor of the Mal- phenotype, sup-78,near his.
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- rfbC1 was formerly called rfbD1
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- aziR = azide resistance
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Curtiss, R, J Renshaw 1969. Kinetics of f transfer and recombinant production in F+ times F- matings in Escherichia coli K-12. Genetics 63(1):39-52.