MS09      Source of Strain:
F128-10 Plasmid Markers/Mutations: lacIp-4000(lacIQ)
pMS969 Plasmid Markers/Mutations: phr Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
, uvrA6Strain Comments:
- plasmid-- ``No Description Card". T. Begley 12-6-88.
- This strain carries both F128-10 (with lacIQ, L8) and pMS969, carrying phr.
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- recA1-- : Missense mutation, altered isoelectric point. Sequenced: G to A for Nuc. 720 (Gly 160 Asp).
- Δ(gpt-proA)62 was formerly called proA2
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- NalR = Nalidix.acidResist.
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Sancar, A, FW Smith, GB Sancar 1984. Purification of Escherichia coli DNA photolyase. J. Biol. Chem. 259(9):6028-32.