W3646      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: lacY1
- When made F+ this strain gives rise to an Hfr with a point in the malB locus with high frequency.
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- malB5::Sfa(att)-- sfa-3 is a sex factor-attachment-site in malB. When infected with F, this strain gives rise to an Hfr with the point of origin of Richter's Hfr3 (in malB).
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.