AB1037      Source of Strain:
T. Ramakrishnan & AdelbergSex:
F14-12 Plasmid Markers/Mutations: ilvA194 Chromosomal Markers: Δ(gpt-proA)62
, tfr-3Strain Comments:
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- Δ(ilvE-argH)2-- is the deletion corresponding to the insert in F14.
- Δ(gpt-proA)62 was formerly called proA2
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- Ramakrishnan, T., E.A. Adelberg 1965. Regulatory mechanisms in the biosynthesis of isoleucine and valine. II. Identification of two operator genes. J.Bacteriol. 89:654-660