JS11      Source of Strain:
F8 Plasmid Markers/Mutations: Chromosomal Markers: araC14
- Strain grown on Luria-Gal in order to maintain the F-prime.
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- tsm-68(ts)-- is a temperature-sensitve mutation in lipid biosynthesis.
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- ts = Temperature Sensitive
- Essenberg, R.C. 1971. Ph.D.Thesis, Part II, Harvard University 00:0-0