KL833      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
, lacY1 or lacZ4
, rpsL8 or rplL9
, met-67Strain Comments:
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- thyA27-- Strains with this marker must have their medium supplemented with thymine (25ug/ml). This is true even for rich medium such as LB. Otherwise thymine starvation can lead to thymineless death.
- Δ(gpt-proA)62 was formerly called proA2
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- LamR = Lambda-resistant
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.