MA108      Source of Strain:
W.K. MaasOther Designations:
F- Chromosomal Markers: argF45
, lacY1 or lacZ4 or lac-44
, argI44Strain Comments:
- The 84 -5' region comes from E. coli B (Gorini B90H).
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- hisG1-- This mutation has been reported as either a frameshift or a 36 nt deletion
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- xyl-7 was formerly called xylA7
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- LamR = Lambda-resistant
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- MAAS, R, WK MAAS 1962. Introduction of a gene from Escherichia coli B into HFR and F-strains of Escherichia coli K-12. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 48:1887-93.
- Jacoby, GA 1971. Mapping the gene determining ornithine transcarbamylase and its operator in Escherichia coli B. J. Bacteriol. 108(2):645-51.