MI174b      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: fhuA23
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- purE42-- :Strains with this marker are derivatives of Χ148 and may carry malA38LAMR and a suppressor of the Mal- phenotype, sup-78,near his.
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Guardiola, J., M. Iaccarino 1971. Escherichia coli K-12 mutants altered in the transport of branched-chain amino acids. J.Bacteriol. 108:1034-1044
- Guardiola, J., M. DeFelice, T. Klopotowski, M. Iaccarino 1974. Mutations affecting the different transport systems for isoleucine, leucine, and valine in Escherichia coli K-12. J.Bacteriol. 117:393-405