GE130      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: Δ(gpt-proA)62
, purD38::MuStrain Comments:
- transduction: argA3 -> argA+ proA2 = DE62.
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- Δ(gpt-proA)62 was formerly called proA2
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- Eggertsson, G 1968. Mapping of ochre suppressors in Escherichia coli. Genet. Res. 11(1):15-20.