CR34/7a      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
, deoC1Strain Comments:
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- tsm-7(DNA(ts))-- = DNATS -7a of Bonhoeffer. Maps between min.91-97, so probably in dnaB.
- thyA6-- : Even with Luria or other complete media, supplement with thymine.
- thyA6-- Strains with this marker must have their medium supplemented with thymine (25ug/ml). This is true even for rich medium such as LB. Otherwise thymine starvation can lead to thymineless death.
- rfbC1 was formerly called rfbD1
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- DNA(ts) = DNA temperature-sensitive
- strR = streptomycin resist.