SL101      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: Δ(gpt-proA)62
, rac-Strain Comments:
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- purB93(ts)-- has a Ts requirement for adenine and an antimutator phenotype (resistance to MNNG and other alkylating agents).
- Δ(gpt-proA)62 was formerly called proA2
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- purB93(ts) was formerly called mud
- rfbC1 was formerly called rfbD1
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- ts = Temperature Sensitive
- Lyons, S., J. Speyer, P.F. Schendel 1985. Interaction of an antimutator gene with DNA repair pathways in Escherichia coli K-12. Mol.Gen.Genet. 198:336-347