MB408      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: thr-44
, hsdR-Strain Comments:
- thr-44-- : This allele resulted from excision of Tn10 from thr-34::Tn10 and is presumably a small deletion in thr.
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- [tnaA300]::Tn10-- was transduced in from E.coli C.
- Δ(gpt-proA)62 was formerly called proA2
- ftsH0 was formerly called hflB0
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- rfbC1 was formerly called rfbD1
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- = tetracycline resistant
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.