MC301      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: ara-600
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- Δ(gpt-lac)5-- is the deletion Δ( pro-lac)X111 of Jacob and originated in the strain Hfr 3000 X111.
- mutH472::mini-Tn10-- This insertion is not in mutM and the mutator has G to A specificity rather than G to T. PCR confirms that it is in the mutH gene, at bp 628 of the 690 bp CDS (M.Volkert, pers.commun.2000)
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- mutH472::mini-Tn10 was formerly called mutM472(p)::mini-Tn10
- mutH472::mini-Tn10 was formerly called fpg-
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- = tetracycline resistant
- NalR = Nalidix.acidResist.
- Michaels, M.L., L. Pham, C. Cruz, J.H. Miller 1991. MutM, a protein that prevents G.C----T.A transversions, is formamidopyrimidine-DNA glycosylase. Nucleic Acids Res. 19:3629-3632