PC0297      Source of Strain:
P.K. StormOther Designations:
F- Chromosomal Markers: thr-20
, purA45Strain Comments:
- This appears to be duplicate of CGSC 7263. This culture comes from the Phabagen Collection. The strain originated in the DeHaan lab.
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- xyl-7 was formerly called xylA7
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Storm, P.K., W.P.M. Hoekstra, P.G. de Haan, C. Verhoef 1971. Genetic recombination in Escherichia coli. IV. Isolation and characterization of recombination-deficient mutants of Escherichia coli K12. Mutat.Res. 13:9-17