OV2      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: araBAD-38
, deo-84Strain Comments:
- lacZ125(Am)-- is the amber mutation from Zipser's strain NG125 and Brenner's CA274. It was formerly called lac125am by Brenner. In `interval 6' of Newton et al. JMB 14:290 (1965).
- galK42(Am)-- is Brenner's gal-U42am.
- trpA49(Am)-- is the amber mutation formerly called trp-8am by Brenner.
- thyA756-- Strains with this marker must have their medium supplemented with thymine (25ug/ml). This is true even for rich medium such as LB. Otherwise thymine starvation can lead to thymineless death.
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- deo-84-- is a mutation in either deoB or deoC.
- tyrT181(ts,AS) was formerly called supF181
- tyrT77(AS) was formerly called supF77
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- GalS = UDPGal accum.toxic if GalKRP+
- ts = Temperature Sensitive
- Donachie, WD, KJ Begg, M Vicente 1976. Cell length, cell growth and cell division. Nature 264(5584):328-33.
- Tormo, A., M. Vicente 1984. The ftsA gene product participates in formation of the Escherichia coli septum structure. J.Bacteriol. 157:779-794