UTH4771      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: araC14
, tfr-5Strain Comments:
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- rfbC1 was formerly called rfbD1
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Goldschmidt, E.P., M.S. Cater, T.S. Matney, M.A. Butler, A. Greene 1970. Genetic analysis of the histidine operon in Escherichia coli K12. Genetics 66:219-229
- Garrick-Silversmith, L., P.E. Hartman 1970. Histidine-requiring mutants of Escherichia coli K12. Genetics 66:231-244