SK7772      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: Δ(lacY-lacZ)286
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- This is a recombination indicator strain, the lac mutations recombining to give Lac+ at high rates.
- Δ(lacY-lacZ)286-- is a deletion of part of lacY and part of lacZ which has been called lacMS286.
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- lacZ95=phi80dIIlacZ9-- is an intragenic deletion of lacZ which does not overlap DE286, carried on φ80. (Konrad, 1977, J.Bacteriol.130:167)
- Δ(lacY-lacZ)286 was formerly called lacMS286
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- lacZ95=phi80dIIlacZ9 was formerly called lacBK1
- rfbC1 was formerly called rfbD1
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- xyl-7 was formerly called xylA7
- ::tet = tetracycline resistant insert
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- del-ins = deletion-insertion
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- Washburn, B.K., S.R. Kushner 1991. Construction and analysis of deletions in the structural gene (uvrD) for DNA helicase II of Escherichia coli. J.Bacteriol. 173:2569-2575