GW2707      Source of Strain:
pGW600 Plasmid Markers/Mutations: Plasmid Comment:
overproduces temperature resistant Mu repressor and thus lowers levels of spontaneous transposition and deletion formation of Mu d(Ap lac). pMB9 (tetR) + Mu repressor(tempR) Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- Δ(argF-lac)169-- from strain Hfr3000 U169 was initially called ΔlacU169 and described as a lacZY mutation until found to include argF and lacI.
- Δ(argF-lac)169-- extends from mmuP through orfs preceding argF, through lac to mhpD, literally Δ(mmuP-mhpD)169. (Peters et al. 2003 JB 185:2017)
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- sulA211-- was formerly called sfiA11.
- recA441(ts)-- formerly tif-1 (temp.-induced filamentation). Not a Rec- phenotype, "constitutive protease activity" not requiring ss-DNA binding at hi temp.
- dinD1::Mud(Ap,lac)-- promoterless lacZ fused with dinD1 promoter in a defective Mu phage, construct also AmpR, integrated into the chromosome
- ilv(ts)-- = relA?
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- = kanamycin resistant
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- ts = Temperature Sensitive
- Krueger, J.H., S.J. Elledge, G.C. Walker 1983. Isolation and characterization of Tn5 insertion mutations in the lexA gene of Escherichia coli. J.Bacteriol. 153:1368-1378